Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sean - "Paper Towns" by John Green (305 pages)




"I SEE YOU!" Ben shouted, pointing at me with the sword. "I SPY QUENTIN JACOBSON! YESSS! Come here! Get on your knees!" he shouted.

"What? Ben, calm down."

"KNEES!"

I obediently knelt, looking up at him.

He lowered the beer sword and tapped me on each shoulder. "By the power of the superglue beer sword, I hereby designate you my driver!"

"Thanks," I said. "Don't puke in the minivan."

"YES!" he shouted. And then when I tried to get up, he pushed me back with his non-beer-sworded-hand, and he tapped me again with the beer sword, and he said, "By the power of the superglue beer sword, I hereby announce that you will be naked under your robe at graduation."

"What?" I stood then.

"YES! Me and you and Radar! Naked under our robes! At graduation! It will be so awesome!"

"Well," I said, "it will be really hot."

"YES!" he said. "Swear you will do it! I already made Radar swear. RADAR, DIDN'T YOU SWEAR?"

Radar turned his head ever so slightly, and opened his eyes a slit. "I swore," he mumbled.

"Well then, I swear, too," I said.

"YES!" Then Ben turned to Lacey. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Ben."

"No, I love you. Not like a sister loves a brother or like a friend loves a friend. I love you like a really drunk guy loves the best girl ever." She smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment